Applications:Thin-Wall Conduit or Electrical Metallic Tubing (EMT), is a listed steel raceway (Article 358 of the NEC) of circular cross section, unthreaded, and nominally 10′ long. EMT (Thin-Wall) Conduit is available in trade sizes 1/2 through 4. EMT Conduit must be protected against corrosion on the outside and inside. EMT Conduit is installed by use of listed compression or set-screw type couplings and connectors. EMT Conduit is permitted to have an integral coupling on one end with set screws. EMT (Thin-Wall) conduit with integral couplings is available in trade sizes 1-1/4 through 4.
• Hot Dipped Galvanized, inside and outside providing enhanced, second to none corrosion protection and as such, metal-to-metal contact and galvanic protection against corrosion are provided.
• Manufactured with high-strength steel, and welded by electric resistance welding process.
• The exterior surface has a clear post-galvanizing coating to provide additional protection against corrosion.
• The interior surface provides a smooth continuous raceway for easy and hassle-free wire pulling.
• Both surfaces are free from defection with a smooth welded seam.
• Excellent ductility, providing uniform bending, cutting in the field.
Electroline EMT is manufactured in accordance with the latest edition of the following:
• American National Standard for Rigid Steel EMT (ANSI® C80.3)
• Underwriters Laboratories Standard for EMT-Steel (UL797)
• National Electric Code® 2002 Article 358 (1999 NEC® Article 348)