Rigid Steel Conduit (RSC) is covered by Article 344 of NEC and a threadable raceway of circular cross section designed for the physical protection and routing of conductors and cables and for use as an equipment grounding conductor when installed with its integral or associated coupling and appropriate fittings.
RSC galvanized steel conduit has the thickest-wall of the steel raceways. It is available with either an integral or straight-tapped coupling. Electroline’ s Hot Dip Galvanized Electrical Rigid Steel Conduit (UL6) has got excellent protection, strength, safety and ductility for electrical wiring.
Electroline RSC conduit is manufactured from high-strength steel, and welded by electric resistance welding process.
Electroline Rigid Steel Conduit (RSC) is zinc coated both inside and outside with hot dip galvanizing in such a way that metal-to-metal contact and galvanic protection against corrosion are provided.
The exterior surface of Electroline Rigid Steel Conduit (RSC) adopts a clear post-galvanizing coating to provide further protection against corrosion. The interior surface provides a smooth continuous raceway for easy wire pulling. The ductility characteristics of our conduits help for easy bending, cutting, and threading in the field.
Electroline Rigid Conduit (RSC) is produced in normal trade sizes from 1/2“ to 6” in standard lengths of 10 feet (3.05 m). The rigid conduit is threaded on both ends, with a coupling applied to one end and a by size color coded thread protector to the other end as per table.
Features And Benefits:
• Long life; durable, strong, and suitable for the harshest environmental conditions.
• The steel is seam welded to ensure quality standards are met strictly.
• The inside surface of our conduit is seamless and extra smooth, making wire pulling and pushing easy and reducing friction between wall and wire.
Excellent Inside Diameter smoothness
• All flashes and zinc dross are cleared and smoothened during manufacturing after galvanizing to provide excellent smoothness and more wire capacity preventing the wired from being stripped when pulling and pushing.
Lower Life-cycle costs
• Electroline Rigid Steel Conduit (RSC) has excellent ductility that resists flaking,cracking, peeling, impact, and damage from severe bending.
• Its physical and mechanical properties ensure that the conduit has an extended life cycle.
Protection from Environmental Damage and Mechanical Use
• The thorough inside and outside zinc coating of Electroline through hot dip galvanizing process provides enhanced, second to none corrosion protection.
Electroline Rigid Steel Conduit (RSC) is manufactured in accordance with the latest edition of the following:
- American National Standard for Rigid Steel Tubing (ANSI® C80.1)
- Underwriters Laboratories Standard for Rigid Steel Tubing (UL6)
- National Electric Code® 2002 Article 344 (1999 NEC Article 346)
Lenght: 10Ft (3,05m)±¼”(±6.35mm)
Outside Diameter: ½”-2″±0.015″(±0.38mm); 2½”-4″±0.025″(±0.64mm); 5″-6″±1%